Monday, October 27, 2008

walkin' is a balancin' act....






well, i've done it.... i've officially joined the human race as a "walking" member! it's been a long & arduous journey (& it ain't over just yet), but i feel so blessed 2 have come this far.... seein' the joy on my family's faces as i took my first steps for them (w/o my walker), brought me so much happiness.... i am filled w/ renewed hope that 1 day, i will reach my goal.... i sit on the exercise ball in pt 2 practice my balance (it's not as easy as it looks), but i'm gettin' better @ it.... keep the prayers comin'! in ot, i've been tryin' new things w/ my right hand w/ the help of the e-stim machine.... i was able 2 hold an empty styrofoam cup & bring it 2 my mouth (this is a big deal, 'cuz my right hand has been the slowest 2 return).... next week, the therapist said that i was goin' 2 try it again, but w/ water inside the cup (i asked her if i could wear a bib.... lol!) i just know that i'm gonna spill water everywhere.... oh well, i gotta start somewhere.... plz pray that my walkin' improves as well as my right hand....

many blessings....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tati:

I am so happy for you. You have not "joined the human race as a walking member"; you have reclaimed your rightful place.

Your progress and recovery are sort of a miracle. Your amazing perseverance and spiritual strength are unparalleled. God has been with you every step of the way and the love and prayers of your husband, parents, sisters, and your many friends and family have been there all along and will continue being there through your full recovery and beyond.

You WILL improve your walking and the use of your right hand!

God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Tati,

I feel as if we are old friends!

You have been such a great encouragement to me, Katherine,and all of our extended family. Thank you so much for your example and your witness. Your attitude is incredible and infectious.

I am thrilled with your progress! We will keep you in our prayers as you continue your journey of healing and restoration.


"If God is for us, who can be against us..."

Love,
Kim